What does it look like?
It is a green or gray mixture of dried, shredded flowers and leaves of the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa).
How is it used?
Most users roll loose marijuana into a cigarette called a "joint". It can be smoked in a water pipe, called a "bong", or mixed into food or brewed as tea. It has also appeared in cigars called "blunts".
What are its short-term effects?
Short-term effects include problems with memory and learning, distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch), trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety.These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with marijuana.A user may also experience dry mouth and throat.
What are its long-term effects?
It contains some of the same cancer-causing compounds as tobacco, sometimes in higher concentrations. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.
_________________________________
That is Marijuana, for you.
Seriously, I think I'm damn funny. I was super into ciggs just a while back, but now I'm anti-weed. I have like quite a number of friends, who are okay with weed. In fact I know of more than 5 who are more than willing to smoke it everyday. And they go like "Weed's fine what... etc etc." Sorry I don't think it's fine. Just like how smoking isn't fine to me. (Duh that's why I'm trying to quit) Friends who are okay with weed tell me that weed is less harmful as compared to normal ciggs. I unfortunately(fortunately) think that that's bull.
I am quite sure when I say, I will never ever try it - Ciggs was one big mistake I made.
But I have leveled down to bein the annoying leech now. I still smoke one or two sticks once in a while (I think that's good enough.) And also the good thing about it is, I can no longer take more than 3 sticks a day. (I used to smoke more than 1O sticks a day) I don't get the high from it as often. Yup. And I no longer like the smell and taste of it, don't ask me why I used to, can't explain somethings - everyone should know that!
Okay maybe there was a reason for it, and I think only Maddie knows.. Well so now darling, you know what's goin on (: Breakin' away slowly, perhaps?
Anyway I'm anti-weed because I know myself well. I am easily addicted to things (I can't count the number of things I'm addicted to that are not good for me, really) So yes. If you are my friend, don't encourage me to do weed. Unless you want to be the devil. Well actually if you want to be the devil you can go back to hell, haha.
NOTE: This is not a hostile entry. Just sharing my thoughts.
3:59 PM
____________________________________________________________________